Enovational is a fast growing technology startup building web and mobile applications. We specialize in delivering award-winning user experiences paired with cutting edge technology, as both client solutions and our own consumer products. We believe our successes come from our teamwork and mutual respect for each other’s talents and unique perspectives.
So when we say we are looking for a UX Analyst, yes, we want someone who is exceptionally curious and committed to solving the puzzle that is user behavior, but we also need someone who can create and conduct unbiased user research and testing paradigms that provide the team with necessary data. We need another team member who will do what it takes to help us shape amazing products and user experiences.
What you might do on any given day:
- Research user personas and investigate user behavior to further refine solutions for our clients.
- Create communicative artifacts such as personas, journey maps, and data visualizations to assist in User testing and reporting.
- Plan and implement targeted research strategies and methods, as well as create department wide standards for research.
- Further analyze user data and create reports to share with both leadership and your peers.
- Work closely with our product team to identify research questions.
- Ensure our products and applications are accessible for all users.
- Conduct research on usability and user experience, through user interviews, surveys, card sorting, and testing.
- Clarify requirements and segregate them into functional and non-functional categories.
- Present solutions, ideas and recommendations that fulfill both client and user requirements.
- Develop and conduct testing protocols to validate that the developed functionality is in accordance with the project’s scope.
- Continuously research and strive to understand audience needs better and improve the existing systems.
- Document discussions, concepts and the finalized scope of a given project.
- Lead users throughout the process of proposing, wireframing, and implementing UX improvements.
- Analyze existing systems and understand new user needs.
We think you’ll enjoy working with our team if you:
- Cultivate a deep empathy for not only users, but also your clients and fellow team members. You anticipate their needs and help them to focus on what’s essential at the moment and advocate for their best interest.
- Enjoy thinking and working in systems and can see beyond the task at hand. You often think about scalability and adaptability across a solution, platform, or team.
- Love using your storytelling and visualization skills to bring clarity and focus to conversations. You help others see things in a new and simpler light.
- Are genuinely passionate about what you do. You are a perpetual learner and excited to experiment with new tools, processes, methods, and ideas.
- Take initiative, aren’t afraid to fail, ask thoughtful questions, and constantly seek better ways of working and communicating.
- Have a positive yet practical attitude. You are willing to take on any task that might help take one of our products a little further.
This position might not be for you if you:
- Are not comfortable working in an Agile environment, in which priorities and problems can change at a moment’s notice.
- Are not comfortable with showing unfinished work to peers, users, or clients in order to discuss approach and get feedback.
- Prefer owning a project individually rather than working collaboratively.
- Aren't comfortable working directly with clients and users, and not willing to travel to Maryland or D.C. to meet with them in person.
- Work better in structured environments or have trouble with ambiguity and uncertainty.
If you’re interested in applying:
Candidates for this position will have at least 2 years of experience conducting user testing and research such as A/B Testing, Click Testing, and web analytics, as well as strong communication, conceptualization, and visualization skills. Firm understanding of user-centered design best practices and a proficiency in Microsoft Excel is preferred. Our ideal candidate has previous experience working with government clients, as well as familiarity with Figma or similar visualization tools and heat-mapping tools. We’re a growing company and care very much about creating an amazing work environment with great growth opportunities, and hope that you’ll join us early on and help shape a bright and exciting future for our ambitious company.
To apply, go to the UX Analyst job posting on Enovational.com and submit:
- Your resume
- A cover letter a particularly interesting usability test you conducted or simply why you’re interested in this position
- A portfolio of relevant documents, such as reports, visualizations, or research plans
If you want to learn more about what it’s like to work for Enovational, check out our Company Culture
If you have any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Please review the materials linked below, from the United States Department of Labor, to learn more.