Senior Technical Proposal Writer
Location: Washington, DC
Enovational Corp is a fast-growing technology startup that builds web and mobile applications. We specialize in delivering award-winning user experiences paired with solid technology, as both client solutions and our own consumer products. We believe our successes come from our teamwork and mutual respect for each other’s talents and unique perspectives.
So when we say we are looking for a Senior Technical Proposal Writer, yes, we do need someone with experience that can help our team raise the bar when it comes to writing about our ideas, solutions, and past work in proposals. But we also need a team member who is flexible and willing to apply their technical writing expertise to other areas to help us plan, execute, market, sell, and communicate about our amazing products.
What you might do on any given day:
- Develop targeted questions and interview technical staff to extract the information necessary to describe our capabilities and proposed solutions.
- Lead efforts, while working in close collaboration with other team members and subject matter experts, to develop artifacts necessary for proposals or project plans, such as product road maps, deployment plans, risk assessments, lists of assumptions, cost tables, etc.
- Work closely with government agencies to manage the proposal submission processes for various state and federal governments, making sure all outstanding items are submitted, validating that we are in compliance, and making sure all submissions stay on track.
- Participate in proposal strategy, design, writing, and review sessions with business development and team members throughout the proposal process.
- Collaborate with product managers to develop templates that can be used to create high quality, but lightweight, technical documentation deliverables in the course of agile projects.
- Assist our product teams by developing and writing highly-technical and user-friendly IT communication deliverables, including system documentation
- Assist in writing and reviewing marketing and sales materials
- Work with product managers, and stakeholders to develop detailed content materials to support the business development process such as past performance documents, quals, and other useful tools for current and future RFP responses on an ongoing basis and regularly update these materials as necessary.
We think you’ll enjoy working with our team if you:
- Can efficiently collaborate with coworkers and get the expert knowledge and other information needed, plan working sessions, all while minimizing meetings.
- Enjoy seeing the big picture, but can be very detail oriented and organized when it comes to managing all aspects and requirements of a proposal.
- Excel at technical documentation, process improvement, coordination, strategic planning.
- Possess extensive market knowledge.
- Have engaging presentation skills.
- Thrive when you can use your problem-solving skills.
- Take initiative, aren’t afraid to fail, ask thoughtful questions, and constantly seek better ways of working and communicating.
- Have a positive yet practical attitude; you are willing to take on any task that might help take one of our products, or our company, a little further.
This position might not be for you if you:
- Don’t enjoy managing and working closely with other coworkers to gather subject matter expertise and other needed information.
- Don’t excel at being organized and plan in advance.
- Don’t enjoy managing the submission processes with various government agencies.
- Prefer spending all day in meetings with everyone needed to provide input on proposals.
- Like having a lot of structure to your work, such as defined processes and guidelines.
- Don’t like the idea of jumping into an established team and coming up with your own suggestions and strategies for how to best use your expertise and establish technical proposal-writing practices.
If you’re interested in applying:
Our ideal candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience. Needless to say, we want you to also have excellent writing and editing skills. Having a successful track record of supporting complex federal government bids, including GWACs, IDIQs, FAR/DFARS, is a plus.
We are a growing company and care very much about creating an amazing work environment with great growth opportunities. We hope that you’ll consider joining us to contribute your skill set to our exciting future! To apply, fill out the form below and submit:
- Your resume.
- Any sample work you have written in the past which you are able to share.
- A cover letter telling us about your ideal proposal-writing process, or simply a description why you want this job.
If you have any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this position:
Thank you for submitting your application, we’ll get back to you shortly!