Enovational is a fast growing technology startup building web and mobile applications. We specialize in delivering award-winning user experiences paired with cutting edge technology, as both client solutions and our own consumer products. We believe our successes come from our teamwork and mutual respect for each other’s talents and unique perspectives.
So when we say we are looking for a DevOps Engineer, yes, we do want you to be comfortable with at least implementing and maintaining cloud infrastructure, but we’re also hoping you have dabbled with foundational development job duties and are comfortable overseeing code releases and have a passion for shortening lead time between deployments.
WHAT YOU MIGHT DO ON ANY GIVEN DAY:
- Work within an Agile SCRUM team to design and implement appropriate environments for web-based software applications, engineer suitable release management procedures, and provide production support
- Participate in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with a focus on release and post-production support
- Troubleshoot problems and coordinate with other team members to drive resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers
- Drive processes improvements and design enhancements to automation and continuously improve all environments
- Create infrastructure recommendations with cost/benefit analyses
- Generate project infrastructure documentation such as Disaster Recovery Plans
- Write Terraform scripts and architect secure cloud solutions within AWS
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other developers to understand the desired production environment for their applications
- Monitor the health of our various environments
- Manage our office Internet infrastructure
We currently use Rails, MongoDB, and Elasticsearch within AWS for most of our production environments. We have a flexible mindset when it comes to technology - use the best and most efficient products for each project. We aren't tied down to a particular technology, and you'll never hear "well that's the way we've always done it." In fact, we encourage everyone to speak up if there are ways to make our development process better.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’D LOVE FOR YOU TO HAVE:
- 2+ years of programming experience with automation or development in Python, Ruby, Go, or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience Production Support experience in Linux environments
- Certified AWS Developer/SysOps Administrator or a willingness to achieve this certification
- Experience developing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI/CD)
- Strong grasp of automation and monitoring tools (ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting)
- Ability to define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems
- Experience building High Availability/Fault Tolerant Systems
- Experience managing:
- NoSQL cluster server infrastructures such as MongoDB
- Elasticsearch server infrastructure or Amazon Elasticsearch Service
- Expertise using:
- AWS IAM Security models
- Docker containers
- Nginx on Linux
- AWS Clustering (VPC, EC2, ECS (Fargate), ECR, cross-regions/availability zones)
WE THINK YOU’LL ENJOY WORKING WITH OUR TEAM IF YOU:
- Tend to take strong ownership, urgency, and drive to launch new services, set new standards, and implement automation at a large scale
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in technology communities, and mentor other developers.
- Can be flexible, agile, dependable, and responsive even when there are a lot of moving parts and prefer that over following rigid processes and guidelines.
- Believe that good application development includes good testing, good documentation, and good collaboration.
- Have great communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices while understanding other viewpoints and the need to find the best possible solution for everyone.
- Have a positive yet practical attitude; You are willing to take on any task that might help take one of our products, or our company, a little further.
THIS POSITION MIGHT NOT BE FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Aren’t well-versed in virtualization and automatization tools
- Prefer to have a lot of upper management guidance
- Are very biased towards a handful of technologies
- Do not enjoy looking for new better ways to constantly improve infrastructure and processes
- Do not enjoy collaborating with developers
IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN APPLYING:
Our ideal candidate is going to hold a bachelor’s degree or has 5 - 7 years of hands on cloud solution experience. We’re a growing company and care very much about creating an amazing work environment with great growth opportunities, and hope that you’ll join us early on and help shape a bright and exciting future for our ambitious company.
To apply, fill out the form below and submit:
- Your resume
- Samples of pet projects you did on your own to learn new skills
If you want to learn more about what it’s like to work for Enovational, check out our Company Culture
If you have any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Please review the materials linked below, from the United States Department of Labor, to learn more.