Enovational Corp is a fast growing technology startup building web and mobile applications. We specialize in delivering award-winning user experiences paired with solid technology, as both client solutions and our own consumer products. And we believe our successes come from our teamwork and mutual respect for each other’s talents and unique perspectives.
So when we say we are looking for a Quality Assurance and Support Engineer, yes, we do need help with testing efforts so we know we’re turning out quality products, but we also need another team member who will do what it takes to help us shape amazing products and provide exceptional support for our clients.
What you might do on any given day:
- Work within and across our teams to learn about our products and then find new and interesting ways to break them.
- Provide technical assistance over the phone or email for Enovational’s customers facing products
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Work with product owners to understand product capabilities so you can design, maintain, execute, and retest test cases to validate application functionality.
- Conduct root cause analysis of the issues you find and thoroughly document reproduction steps and the actual vs. intended outcomes.
- Ensure product compliance with external quality requirements, such as Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and Section 508.
- Generate quality metrics and reports to provide the team and our clients with insight into the status and health of our products.
- Partner with business analysts and developers to devise automation and test strategies to support behavior-driven or test-driven development (BDD/TDD).
- Conduct and continuously improve our quality assurance practices and strategies including functional, performance, and regression testing.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
We’re a small team so there will be a lot of getting-it-done without worrying about who is “supposed” to do it. So in addition to bringing your quality assurance talents to the table, you will also help your team with other types of work, such as:
- Business Analysis - Collaborating with stakeholders to translate client and users needs into product requirements, use cases, and agile user stories.
We think you’ll enjoy working with our team if you:
- Don’t get overwhelmed or flustered easily. You’re able to keep track of multiple tasks at once, manage your time efficiently, and appropriately prioritize your work.
- Enjoy helping others troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Are an exceptional problem-solver--you have a strong foundational knowledge about troubleshooting technology, but your ability to explore options and creatively work through an issue is what sets you apart.
- Are a completionist and maybe even a bit of a perfectionist. You’ll sleep better knowing that every feature is tested and any potential issues have been identified and fixed before we send our products out into the world.
- Are a perpetual learner and excited to learn about and try out new technologies, processes, and ideas.
- Take initiative, aren’t afraid to fail, ask thoughtful questions, and constantly seek better ways of working and communicating.
- Have a positive yet practical attitude; You are willing to take on any task that might help take one of our products, or our company, a little further.
This position might not be for you if you:
- Aren't comfortable working directly with clients and users, and not willing to travel to Maryland or DC to meet with them in person.
- Work better in structured working environments and have trouble with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Don’t like the idea of jumping into an established team and coming up with your own suggestions and strategies for how to best use your expertise and establish quality assurance practices.
If you’re interested in applying:
Our ideal candidate is going to hold a bachelor’s degree, and we’d love to hear the story of how your degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or anything else is going to help you add to our team. We’re also hoping with someone with at least 2 years experience in a quality assurance and support role, but what we really need is an individual with the passion to learn new skills and do what it takes to help our team be successful. We’re a growing company and care very much about creating an amazing work environment with great growth opportunities, and hope that you’ll join us early on and help shape a bright and exciting future for our ambitious company.
To apply, fill out the form below and submit:
- Your resume
- A cover letter telling us about a time you were able to exploit or game a system (computer or non-computer) to your advantage due to a flaw or omission, or simply a description why you want this job.
If you have any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Please review the materials linked below, from the United States Department of Labor, to learn more.