Office Manager / HR Generalist
Location: Washington, DC
Enovational Corp is a fast growing technology startup building web and mobile applications. We specialize in delivering award-winning user experiences paired with solid technology, as both client solutions and our own consumer products. And we believe our successes come from our teamwork and mutual respect for each other’s talents and unique perspectives.
So when we say we are looking for a Office Manager / Human Resources (HR) Generalist, yes, we do need help planning meetings and events, answering calls, and overall supporting our staff, but what we’re looking for is another team member who is versatile enough to help with a number of different professional disciplines and will do what it takes to help us shape amazing products.
What you might do on any given day:
- Answer employee questions about human resources matters such as payroll, benefits, retirement plans, hiring procedures and company policy.
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct new employee orientation and off-boarding, suggesting and implementing improvements over time.
- Prepare and process records for personnel, payroll, benefits, and leave and create periodic reports.
- Collaborate with senior management to build and implement personnel policies and procedures and incorporate them into the employee handbook.
- Assist with recruitment efforts including drafting job descriptions, screening resumes, conducting phone screening, scheduling interviews, and drafting correspondences.
- Create and maintain an inventory of company licenses, equipment, and office supplies, ordering new items as needed or overseeing maintenance of existing equipment.
- Schedule appointments, conference calls, and meetings including generating invitations, coordinating complex calendars, and reserving meeting rooms and equipment.
- Make travel arrangements for visits to client sites, conferences or other events, or business development efforts.
- Analyze and process expense reports--categorizing items, writing descriptions, and attaching receipts.
- Coordinate team activities such as all-hands meetings and social events--everything from scheduling, to setting up catering or reservations, to helping design the event itself.
- Maintain order in the office by ensuring common spaces are clean, organized, or otherwise helping create a positive office experience for employees.
- Participate in meetings and calls and create business communication documents including meeting minutes and emails.
We’re a small team so there will be a lot of getting-it-done without worrying about who is “supposed” to do it. So in addition to being the glue that helps bind our office together, you will also get on-the-job training from senior team members so you can help with other types of work, such as:
- Business Analysis - Collaborating with stakeholders to translate client and users needs into product requirements, use cases, and agile user stories.
- Project Management - Creating status reports that keep our clients informed about our team’s performance and progress.
- Customer Service - Assisting users in troubleshooting and educating them on how to get the most out of our products.
We think you’ll enjoy working with our team if you:
- Love interacting and communicating with people; You’re not only a great listener, but you also know how to share and present to others.
- Are eager to learn more about the different roles, types of work, and skill sets it takes to build web and mobile applications.
- Don’t get overwhelmed or flustered easily. You’re able to keep track of multiple tasks at once, manage your time efficiently, and appropriately prioritize your work.
- Take initiative, aren’t afraid to fail, ask thoughtful questions, and constantly seek better ways of working and communicating.
- Have a positive yet practical attitude; You are willing to take on any task that might help take one of our products, or our company, a little further.
This position might not be for you if you:
- Have a hard time multitasking and prefer to focus on a single duty at a time.
- Aren't comfortable working directly with clients and users, and not willing to travel to Maryland or DC to meet with them in person.
- Work better in structured environments and have trouble with ambiguity and uncertainty.
If you’re interested in applying:
While not required, our ideal candidate is going to hold an associates or bachelors degree, and we’d love to hear the story of how your degree in Journalism, Marketing, Psychology, Business, or anything else is going to help you add to our team. Previous work experience is a plus, but what we really need is an individual with the passion to learn new skills and do what it takes to help our team be successful. We’re a growing company and care very much about creating an amazing work environment with great growth opportunities, and hope that you’ll join us early on and help shape a bright and exciting future for our ambitious company.
To apply, fill out the form below and submit:
- Your resume
- A cover letter telling us about a feat of organization or multi-tasking you’ve accomplished in the past or simply a description why you want this job.
If you have any additional questions, please contact email@example.com
Apply for this position:
Thank you for submitting your application, we’ll get back to you shortly!