Enovational Corp is a fast growing technology startup building web and mobile applications. We specialize in delivering award-winning user experiences paired with solid technology, as both client solutions and our own consumer products. And we believe our successes come from our teamwork and mutual respect for each other’s talents and unique perspectives.
So when we say we are looking for a Business Analyst, yes, you will design and lead analysis efforts and effectively interface with customers, but we’re also looking for you to provide your creative input on how to build better products and re-engineer business processes for the benefit of both the end-users and our clients’ organizations.
What you might do on any given day:
- Design & lead client/ end-user analysis strategies to identify needs and opportunities for improvement in existing processes and systems.
- Conduct research to support our product development -- on topics from enterprise management strategies to competitor reviews to accessibility guidelines.
- Create artifacts such as process maps and user flows, research summaries, and data compilations to communicate findings and insights to our team and clients.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and/or developers on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and product testing.
- Facilitate meetings, workshops, and discussions with our team and clients to help us find balance between user wants, client needs, technical level of effort, and timelines.
- Identify, understand & design approaches to increase team knowledge of the customer experience, and serve as a champion for voice of our clients and their end users.
We’re a small team so there will be a lot of getting-it-done without worrying about who is “supposed” to do it. So in addition to bringing your business analysis talents to the table, you will also help your team with other types of work, such as:
- Project Management - Producing reports & updates, and presenting in strategic team and client meetings.
- Business Development - Contribute to scoping and analysis activities to identify client requirements and offer insights on how we could take a proposal further.
- Usability Testing & User Acceptance Testing - Assist in the design and execution of tests, analysis of results, and creation of findings and recommendations documentation.
We think you’ll enjoy working with our team if you:
- Are a natural storyteller and love finding ways of describing real human needs and interactions in plain language.
- Try to put yourself in other people’s shoes and mindsets so you can identify and understand their biggest pain points and greatest delights.
- Are a perpetual learner and excited to learn about and try out new technologies, processes, and ideas.
- Take initiative, aren’t afraid to fail, ask thoughtful questions, and constantly seek better ways of working and communicating.
- Use your problem-solving and critical thinking skills to question assumptions and find better ways to work and communicate.
- Have a positive yet practical attitude; You are willing to take on any task that might help take one of our products a little further.
This position might not be for you if you:
- Want to focus on system requirements without diving into process re-engineering
- Aren't comfortable working directly with clients and users, and not willing to travel to Maryland or DC to meet with them in person
- Prefer owning a project individually rather working collaboratively
- Work better in structured environments and dislike ambiguity and uncertainty
If you’re interested in applying:
Our ideal candidate is has earned a bachelor’s degree and has at least 5 years of experience in business-oriented analysis, as well as some experience in or familiarity with agile software development environments. We’re a growing & ambitious company that cares very much about creating an amazing work environment with stellar growth opportunities, and hope that you’ll join us early on and help shape our bright and exciting future.
To apply, fill out the form below and submit:
- Your resume
- A cover letter telling us about projects you helped reshape or re-engineer while gathering requirements, or ideas you had for previous projects that never made it to fruition, or simply describing why you want this job
If you have any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Please review the materials linked below, from the United States Department of Labor, to learn more.